Senior Staff Accountant-Corporate HQ
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Manassas VA, (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: Maasai is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support and assistance to the Controller & CFO. This role provides oversight of the AR and AP functions and works as a liaison between the contracts and accounting departments. The Senior Staff Accountant prepares and enters accruals, amortizations and adjusting journal entries into the accounting system as needed. In addition, this role processes bank reconciliations and shared service allocations across all departments.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration)
- 3 to 5 years of accounting work experience
- Government experience required
- 5+ years of accounting work experience required
- The Senior Staff Accountant role requires someone with strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting
- Ability to handle interruptions and stay focused, knowledge of shared services and intercompany accounting
- Attention to detail and complex problem-solving ability.
- This position requires extensive expertise in all work centers around this
- The following systems are also required: Excel, Adobe PDF and Outlook as well as other Microsoft Office applications as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all bills and notices
- Manage cash accounts for all companies (i.e., recording payments received and monitor balances to ensure all accounts are satisfactorily funded)
- Answer questions from AR/AP staff and review their work
Periodic duties include but are not limited to:
- Weekly review and approval of payables
- Monthly management and review of accruals and prepaid amortization
- Process reconciliations for bank accounts and balance sheet accounts
- Monthly review of shared service allocations and completion of journal entry
- Take the lead role on the annual financial audit
- Receive payments into the accounting system
- Completing property tax forms
- Record worker’s comp premiums
- Reconciliation of job cost ledger to general ledger
- Credit card reviews
- SBA annual reporting
- Various projects as directed by the Controller and CFO
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.