PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework at customer’s discretion).
SCOPE: Perform a wide range of services necessary to further design Bureau’s numerous and varied websites (home pages) to enhance website content and maintenance, as well as to enable greater outreach and interaction with its numerous and varied constituencies, stakeholders and the general public. These services include supporting Bureau’s goal to have its websites, with their various program-specific home pages, serve as a vehicle to increase cooperation, efficiency, and effectiveness in meeting bureau/office mission objectives.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience managing a website.
- Strong graphic and web design skills.
- Solid experience in HTML, other related Web technologies, and PC graphics software (such as, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash).
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Web design and graphic tools.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art Web design and maintenance tools required.
- Excellent facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- An ability to learn and work with database applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of web design and graphic tools.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art web design and maintenance tools required.
- Demonstrated conceptual, design, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Demonstrated well-rounded technical background.
- Confirm and prioritize project plans and deliverables as agreed upon between the staff contractor and Bureau COR and Office/Division supervisor (or Office Director or Deputy Director).
- Excellent, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not required.
- A minimum of two (2) years working in a Web design and/or Webmaster function or environment is preferred for this position.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
To apply, please visit https://themaasaigroup.com/careers/
|Job Category||Information Technology|