PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The Maasai Group, LLC has a requirement for ONE User Experience (UX) Research Analyst to:
1) perform usability studies on Public Diplomacy technical tools, which are built primarily on the Salesforce platform.
2) with minimal direction, manage and execute user experience research projects, including stakeholder engagement, research design, data collection, data analysis, data visualization, and report development.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Employee must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human computer interaction (HCI), product design, social psychology, or related field and at least four years of relevant UX research experience, or eight years of demonstrable work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Training and experience in conducting and designing hands-on qualitative and quantitative research methods to inform product design.
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical research questions.
- Experience with remote testing tools (e.g., Usability Hub, Validately, TestRail).
- Schooled in “design thinking” or the human centered design process.
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Salesforce Administration Certification strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Agile Software Development practice (Scrum, Kanban, etc) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with government clients.
- Commitment to a culture of learning, curiosity, and open-debate
- A self-starter who is action-oriented and results focused
- A professional who is highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Ability to recognize challenging issues and solve problems proactively
- Ability to inform partners about the benefits of research and analytics
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively across teams
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide user experience (UX) research services to support development of Public Diplomacy technical tools, which are built primarily on the Salesforce Platform.
- Must be able to work with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, and implement rigorous user experience research projects.
- With minimal direction, manage and execute user experience research projects, including stakeholder engagement, research design, data collection, data analysis, data visualization, and report development
- Plan and implement user research using qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies including designing all survey questionnaires and interview protocols and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Design, issue, and provide quality assurance oversight for contracts for international user research projects with third party research firms.
- Work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to integrate research findings into work processes and organizational routines.
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders with a wide variety of understanding of research methods, including using data visualization to help explain complex data.
- Plan, prepare and carry out usability and concept testing on complete and sandbox digital environments
- Help track and monitor progress on development and quality of the user experience.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Proactively and independently identify high-impact research questions from a product or public diplomacy outcomes perspective.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.