Place of Performance: Washington D.C. (Telework Subject to Approval)
Scope of Work:
The Maasai Group has a requirement for a full-time Support Services Specialist. This position is in the Procurement and Administrative Services Division, Office of the Executive Director, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA/EX/PAS). ECA/EX provides executive direction for the full range of administrative, resource management, planning, and internal control activities of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), Office of Policy, Planning and Resources of the Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (R/PRR), and the Office of Global Engagement Center (GEC). The contractor is responsible for participating in the development, directing, and implementation of a full and comprehensive range of administrative and logistical services to support ECA, R/PPR and GEC.
Active Secret Clearance
Expert knowledge of a broad range of support services functions, policies, regulations, and business processes, e.g., space and property management, equipment procurement and management, and miscellaneous office services, etc., in order to manage and provide expert operational and advisory support in these areas:
- Resolve complex issues; ensure proper utilization of personal property; conduct space utilization studies and coordinate renovation projects.
- Develop administrative processes and procedures; anticipate, identify, recommend, and implement changes in administrative policies and practices to ensure effective operations
- Plans and coordinates a wide range of activities and supporting functions and ensure regulatory compliance in these areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive space planning and management program to accommodate reorganizations, office reconfigurations, increased staffing and future of work plans for ECA, R/PPR and GEC.
- Plans, implements, and coordinates all activities related to space planning, renovations, telecommunications and building facilities to accomplish major program and organizational changes, expansions and/or consolidations.
- Contributes to the development of detailed analyses and preparation of office space layouts, construction and demolition plans, system specifications, finish schedules and furniture placement designs. Reviews floor plans, ensures consideration of healing, air conditioning, lighting, electrical, acoustical and furniture requirements, and ensures all office requirements are met.
- Develops monitoring systems to ensure timing of events and smooth planning and execution of renovations, reconfigurations and office moves.
- Coordinate the review, clearance, and approval of a variety of work requests, special facilities requirements, related contracts and/or procurement actions, and telecommunications services with bureau management, employees, Department service providers, and private vendors.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required