Staff Accountant -Corporate HQ
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Manassas VA, (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: Maasai is seeking a Staff Accountant is responsible for processing all accounts receivable activities and ensuring that the company gets paid. This is accomplished by delivering accurate and timely invoicing according to each contract (primarily focused on invoicing Labor, Travel and Material). Additionally, this person is also responsible for processing intercompany month end transfers, A/R monthly reconciliations (billing, revenue) and bank reconciliations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration)
- <1 year of work experience is required, suitable role for recent college graduate
- The Staff Accountant role requires someone who is efficient in MSOffice, SharePoint, and QuickBooks
- Government experience preferred
- This person must also demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, time management skills to meet monthly closing process and a willingness to work outside of normal working hours if necessary to meet deadlines.
- This position requires a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Strong organizational skills,
- Discretion handling confidential information, internal auditing skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to perform complex calculations, ability to perform all accounting functions from basic journal entries to complex financial reporting,
- Solid understanding of all federal/state tax laws and withholdings.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to proactively follow-up on multiple tasks. Good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contract invoicing for Travel, Labor and Materials
- Recording invoices
Periodic duties include but are not limited to:
- Monthly invoicing
- Monthly intercompany transfers and reconciliation
- Quarterly GSA reporting
- Monthly billing reconciliation
- Monthly revenue reconciliation
- A/R status reconciliation within
- A/R aging (checking bi-weekly to follow up on overdue payments)
- Processing bank reconciliations
- Processing the spreadsheets for all monthly employee benefits statements (VSP, Delta, Mutual and medical)
- Auditing monthly benefits statements for accuracy
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.