PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Manassas VA, (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: Maasai is seeking a Sr. Contracts Specialist/AFSO is responsible for the management and compliance of both the contracts and personnel clearances for each contract under Maasai. This position shall support with the more complex situations/questions that arise within the department. As the Team Lead, this position shall be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department. Such as, assigning/maintaining workloads, distributing task amongst the team, continually providing training and development within to other team members, and ensuring that the team is equipped to perform their job duties. This person provides support to Operations, the CEO, the COO, Business Development, Human Resources, Recruiting and Accounting regarding contract, invoicing and clearance related information. Maasai’s revenue is dependent upon proper management of and compliance within these critical areas.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of government contract management experience
- This position prefers to have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Preferred Education and Experience
- CPCM (Certified Professional Contracts Manager), CFCM (Certified Federal Contract Manager) or equivalent
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Requires active Secret clearance from the S. Government or ability to obtain
The Sr. Contracts Specialist role requires someone who has exceptional attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills. Additionally, this person must have the ability to multitask, problem solve, create documentation of processes, analyze complex situations and develop a solution, work both independently and in a team environment. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with people of varying experiences and backgrounds is critical. Willing to train and develop others within the department
This position requires familiarity with MSOffice tools, SharePoint and Adobe; daily utilization of JAMIS and multiple government systems is also required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides cradle-to-grave contract support, such as reviewing contract awards/modifications verifying information from the government, making sure that any additional positions/funding matches up with our pricing, making sure any changes are covered under the scope of the contract and do not require an adjustment to the price and then signing off on the modifications
- Ensuring contract compliance for all companies by confirming all contract deliverables are being met (Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and invoicing amounts/requirements)
- Approving offer letter requests after verifying that the candidate matches up to the correct vacancy on the contract, that the correct company under the DNI umbrella is listed as the employer, that the employee status (exempt/non-exempt) is correct and that the pay rate can be supported by the bill rate
- Providing proposal support by supplying contract data for past performance write ups, representations and certifications, company information, past performance questionnaires and contract values
- Managing new subcontracts by issuing the initial subcontract documents to our subcontracts; this includes the subcontract agreement and attachments (labor categories and rates, contract clauses, performance work statement (PWS), subcontract DD254 (the document that allows them to hold clearances), initial funding and any other relevant information
- Submitting Visit Authorization Request (VAR) paperwork and supporting documentation so that the government can verify the contractor clearance prior to their start
- Coordinating new hire start dates and pre-work; this requires significant coordination and communication with Customers, Recruiters, HR and Contract Leads
- New Employee Onboarding including taking ownership of employee’s clearance in the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), adding employee to the site’s Visit Access Request (VAR) in JPAS, adding employee to P&L and to labor category, initiating new security clearance process if needed and creating Common Access Card (CAC) appointments for all local DISA contracts.
- Terming Employee Offboarding including separating from clearance in JPAS, sending term VAR/removing from VAR, removing from P&L
- Creating/Maintaining P&Ls for all contracts including adding modifications, adding milestones in JAMIS, moving employees for promotions, managing pay rates to match contract bill rates and making sure volume ALWAYS matches pricing
- Submitting appropriate notifications when an employee terminates (a termination VAR triggers the government to revoke all badges and access; an updated employee list to show that position as a vacancy)
- Managing personnel clearances
- Maintaining staffing lists and building a P&L spreadsheet for each contract to reflect each person working on a contract per the labor categories we bid, the cost per employee, the profit per employee, the overall profit for the contract and the invoicing amounts and requirements for Accounting
- Maintaining customer relationships with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR); COR is the Contract Manager’s counterpart on the government side
- Issuing funds to our subcontractors so they can order materials and provide labor
- Monitoring compliance with JPAS by making sure no employee security clearances expire, initiating routine investigations and re-investigations, submitting incident reports when necessary and maintaining visit requests for each option year
- Calling JPAS & Personnel Security Management Office for Industry (PSMO-I) when any issues arise regarding an employee’s clearance
- Managing large dollar purchasing and new vendor account set up
- Providing training and development to team members to help them perform assigned responsibilities and functions
- Works closely with the Contract Manager and provides oversight on the day-to-day operations of the department
- Provides guidance and direction on complex or non-routine tasks to other team members
- Evenly distributes tasks based on other team members workload
- Developing and maintaining process improvements and documentation withing the department. Assisting the Contract Manager with frontline management duties
- Analyzing contract requirements from inception to closeout and develops solutions to company’s needs
- Creating/Maintaining Contract file folders, prepare solicitation documentation, and review proposals for compliance.
Periodic duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly contract status reports for the Contracting Officer Representative (COR); working with accounting to make sure reports matches invoicing and JAMIS
- Creating/sending compensation increase worksheets each option year for each contract
- Managing subcontracts by monitoring funding levels and compliance
- Handling contract transitions as needed including contract review, kick off, initial deliverables, report info/start coordination, JAMIS set up, P&L set up, subcontract agreements, sub DD254
- Handling requests from Business Development including filling out contract information as requested, creating/maintaining Past Performance Spreadsheet, sending and executing all Nondisclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements, keeping all files store in SharePoint, sending Past Performance Questionnaires (PPQs) to CORs as needed, accessing all requested CPARS (our report card after a contract year ends)
- Submitting to the government annual end of year Manpower Reporting for most contracts
- Monitoring contract option years monthly to ensure the government exercises the option year at the end of each period of performance; confirming receipt of modifications prior to start of new option year to ensure payment; setting up the new job ID in JAMIS so the employees can code their time to the correct option year
- Managing VGSA (security agreement) signatures for Wright-Patterson AFB
- Certifying FAR compliance – as needed
- Determining invoicing amounts for managed contracts – weekly/monthly
- Maintaining SCI requests – as needed
- Leads a variety special projects for the department
- Provides cross functional support and training to other departments
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
|Job Category||Administrative, Business Development, Program Design|