PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Arlington VA, (Hybrid work schedule-2+days in-office )
SCOPE: The Maasai Group is seeking one Senior Data Engineer to provide agency-wide IT/support services for all new and existing application and data initiatives. Shall provide the appropriate qualified personnel and expert services necessary to accomplish the requirements set forth within the task order. The OIG operates and maintains an independent IT architecture that better supports OIG’s mission as the Department’s independent and objective oversight organization. The IT architecture involves independently OIG managed network and systems,
which maximizes OIG’s independence, security, and control of the IT environment.The personnel will have access to OIG’s Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) and the department
ClassNet (Classified) network.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
• US Citizen
• Active Top Secret Clearance
• Over 5 years of demonstrated hands-on experience in managing Microsoft SQL Servers and enterprise applications based on Microsoft SQL Server in a Microsoft environment
• Microsoft SQL Server lifecycle management experience including database architecture, high availability design, data design, database security configuration, database configuration, database encryption, database backups, database performance monitoring, etc.
• Demonstrated hands on experience with Microsoft Power BI and the DAX programming language
• Demonstrated hands on experience with Azure SQL, Azure SQL Server Managed Instances, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks, Azure Datalake and Azure ML toolset and other Azure data related PaaS and SaaS offerings
• Previous experience with basic configuration for IIS web server, SSL certificate setup
• Familiarity with SharePoint 2010, 2016 & SharePoint Online, SharePoint Designer
• Experience with data modeling, creating entity-relationship diagrams, ETL processes, data pipelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Senior Data Engineer shall provide support services in the following areas:
• Manages SQL based COTS and custom developed applications including applying system upgrades, patches and lifecycle management
• Manages Microsoft Access based custom developed applications including applying system upgrades, patches and lifecycle management
• Monitors performance of SQL based applications and SQL server databases
• Creates and maintains backups for SQL servers, create data lifecycle management policies and procedures
• Troubleshoots problems with SQL Server based applications and provides efficient resolution
• Sets up and maintains performance monitoring, application security monitoring, and availability tools
• Creates data models, data schemas, performs data processing and extract, transform & load (ETL) activities
• Creates and maintains complex SQL queries in support of applications
• Creates and maintains data engineering activities in Microsoft Azure environment usingtools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Databricks, Azure Datalake andAzure ML toolset
• Analyzes and organizes data, build data systems and pipelines
• Evaluates business needs and objectives, interprets data trends and patterns
• Conducts complex data analysis and report on results, prepares data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
• Prepares end-user and related IT documentation, develops EX/IT standard operating procedures
• Acts as a systems resource for all end-users and IT SLAs. Implement and conduct responsive methodology for enterprise support and maintenance.
• Regularly prepares market research for technical products and services
• Interfaces and communicates with customers on a regular basis to collect business and technical requirements, conducts requirement analysis and translates business requirements into technical requirements, estimates and provides level of effort for solutions, prototypes and demos solutions, creates as-built documents and user guides, provides training for developed solutions and applications
• Provides business analyses to better define opportunities for new or improved business solutions by keeping abreast of new developments in the broad field of information technology with a view to evaluating and recommending their possible application to OIG operations
• Assists in the planning, setup, installation, testing, training, deployment in production and development environments
• Analyzes, evaluates, and tests software and hardware to provide issue/problem resolution
• Regularly prepares activity and progress reports regarding support activities
• Enforces best practices for IT security, procedures, and compliance management
• Uses helpdesk activities regarding applications support or Configurations Change Board (CCB), software, applications, hardware, or other IT issues
• Responds to customer requests, finds solutions, and resolves trouble calls for assistance to the helpdesk received via telephone, email, or through direct contact
• Coordinates with other IT professionals both internally and externally as required to efficiently support OIG users]
• Participates with the EX/IT leadership and other EX/IT staff members in analyzing and making recommendations relating to the configuration of the OIG’s information technology systems, equipment requirements, budgeting, software, and hardware specifications
• Develops/maintains systems configurations and executes administration and operational duties on systems while maintaining data/information as required
• Escalates issues, when necessary, through appropriate channels to keep EX/IT management aware of potential issues and conflicts.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and
schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
• Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
• Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required
THE MAASAI GROUP, LLC. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
|Job Category||Engineering, Information Technology|