PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework at customer’s discretion).
SCOPE: Perform a wide variety of duties related to highly complex analytical processes. Perform analyses and prepare results reporting for relevant bureau programs. Confirm and prioritize project plans and deliverables as agreed upon between the staff contractor and Bureau COR and Office/Division supervisor (or Office Director or Deputy Director).
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods applicable to researching, analyzing, writing, editing and presenting complex statutory or regulatory material and related issue/policy memoranda and interpretations.
- Knowledge and experience in evaluating and interpreting statutory and regulatory requirements and for determining the consistency of policies, standards, directives, interpretations, etc. related to those requirements.
- Knowledge and application of statistical data analysis and data management software (e.g., SPSS)
- Significant education and/or work experience related to statistical and research methodology.
- Experience in performance measurement, evaluation, surveying and general use of metrics to track organizational performance, progress and goal attainment.
- Experience in database management and complex analyses of quantitative and qualitative data (involving various data sources) and results reporting.
- Ability to work and develop database applications.
- Experience in developing and implementing standard operating procedures (internal controls) for internal and external users.
- Experience in the formulating, writing and implementing reporting mechanisms, policies, processes and procedures.
- Experience in tracking document flow and clearance processes and distribution of documents to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrate skill in presenting logical and cogent oral presentations of results of analysis, including facts, issues, regulatory principles and provisions, and policy considerations – for a particular audience or for specific purposes.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Excellent, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations preferred.
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
To apply, please visit https://themaasaigroup.com/careers/