Program Support Specialist IV-OBO 15
The Maasai Group, LLC
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Arlington VA, United States (Telework Eligible up to 60%)
SCOPE: Senior Program Design and Support Specialist will have significant knowledge of U.S. Government foreign policies and demonstrated relevant qualifications. The PDS IV candidate will show the listed and expanded skills identified in PDS I through III, as well as the highest level of skills in the following: interpersonal skills and ability to communicate orally and in writing, problem solving and significant organizational leadership skills. PDS IV will be able to lead and train other PDS in the operation of the program office. PDS at this level will require little day-to-day direction to successfully complete projects assigned, will generally obtain approval from supervisor at project completion with minor revisions and will seek guidance from supervisors for assistance in resolving challenging issues
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- This position will require the candidate to have a Top-Secret clearance or can obtain one.
- Education: Masters or bachelor’s with 3 years’ experience or 7-8 years of relevant work experience
- Strong (written and oral) communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders of different backgrounds.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work well with others and productively under pressure.
- Programmatic project design, performance indicator development, and monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in internet freedom, censorship, and emerging technologies.
- Several PDS IV positions will require a clearance level Top Secret based on the country portfolio(s) the contractor will be assigned to which necessitates access to TS level meetings and information periodically.
- Preference may be given to Advanced or Fluent level Arabic language skills and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The position is responsible for providing highly complex analyses of the MENA region, particularly Syria, its resources, and policy issues that include but are not limited to political economic, political military, social, human rights, and countering violent extremism policy and development and oversight of projects designed to support policy objectives.
- Responsibilities include evaluating regional trends and developments impacting foreign assistance and U.S. policy priorities in Syria; designing and drafting project solicitations for foreign assistance programs to meet policy objectives; developing, monitoring, and managing foreign assistance funded grants, cooperative agreements and/or interagency agreements awarded by the office in support of policy objectives in Syria; and participating in Department and interagency working groups and meetings to develop and advise on foreign assistance program management approaches that will best support foreign policy goals.
- This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. The ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 lbs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite to another as required throughout the day.
- CONUS, OCONUS, and Local travel may be required throughout the year.
Telework: Due to the potentially sensitive nature of the work involved, telework is provided on an approval basis and subject to the client’s operational needs. Some work must be done on a classified project or system. Classified or other work defined by the client must be done in person, even if telework for that day was previously approved.
|Job Category||Program Design|