Program Manager-Corporate Office
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Corporate Headquarters; Manassas, Virginia (Primary Site, Secondary sites as needed)
Hybrid Work Schedule
SCOPE: Planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. Plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed the entire way. Reporting shall provide advice, analyses, guidance, and recommendations for effective presentation to the MAASAI Executive Staff in order to maintain accountability with customers, owners, and employees. The PM must be able to handle unanticipated changes in workload volume; address problem areas quickly and effectively as well as manage the performance of subcontractors and MAASAI personnel.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience managing successful, large-scale information technology, federal, and commercial projects.
- Experience managing CPFF, T&M, FFP, and/or FFPLOE federal contracts. Experience with EVMS and project forecasting
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle from proposal to award and fulfillment of contract deliverables.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent client facing and internal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze policies, procedures, and goals of the organizational and provide actionable recommendations.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient using Microsoft office software and SharePoint.
- Experience providing analyses and reports to support customer requirements, strategic planning and progress for systems operations and lifecycle management.
- Expertise in providing analyses and reporting that provide advice, guidance, and recommendations for effective presentation to the COR in order to maintain accountability with customers, owners, and employees.
- In this position, while a wealth of reference materials and standard operating procedures (SOP) exists, the PM exercises broad discretion in meeting contract objectives and deliverables, using independent judgement in analyzing root problem causes or knowledge gaps and applying appropriate methods.
- Analyzes significant deviations from plan, takes corrective actions, and forecasts any impact on contract deliverables. Oversees definition of and adherence to standard processes within an evolving IT regulatory and technological environment.
- Recruiting and interviewing skills.
- Ability to set up virtual interviews via Microsoft Teams.
- Phone and online meeting platforms skills
- Support workplace diversity
- Professionalism, organization, and project management skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to communication effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Sense of urgency with the ability to respond and follow through in a timely and efficient manner Must have command over various search tools & technologies.
- Must have exceptional communication, written, and interpersonal skills and an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Ability to work independently or in a group, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while producing results. Be a quick and willing learner who should be able to work under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine and define project scope and objectives.
- The PM ensures program integration across task areas, work groups, and functional/technical teams and delegates administrative, financial, and coordination duties, as necessary.
- Ensures use of innovative processes to plan, organize, and control all contract services and activities, manage risks and to monitor performance.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and provide adjustments as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.