Place of Performance: Washington D.C. (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The contractor shall assist with project and program design, development, and oversight. Tasks shall include conducting research and analysis on policy and programmatic trends, consolidating volumes of data to draft concise briefing papers, talking points, public affairs documents. Supporting outreach activities to the U.S. Congress, media, and other public stakeholders; review quarterly reports and grant documents; assist in program and budget tracking; analyze quantitative and qualitative data related to projects awarded, and programmatic and administrative support to NEA/AC Foreign Affairs officers in tracking and responding to implementation of US foreign policy initiatives.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- This position will require or should be able to obtain a Top Secret or Top-Secret/SCI Clearance depending on the vacancy.
- This contractor will be covering a portfolio that requires a TS/SCI level to participate in meetings at the TS/SCI level and review intel associated with the portfolio.
- Education: Masters or Bachelor’s with 3 years’ experience or 7-8 years of relevant work experience
- Native fluency in English.
- Ability to read and converse in Arabic and/or French is preferred but not required.
- Strong (written and oral) communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders of different backgrounds required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a politically sensitive environment required.
- Ability to work well with others and productively under pressure required.
- Programmatic project design, performance indicator development and monitoring and evaluation experience preferred.
- Background knowledge of and experience working on or in the Middle East/North Africa (3-4 years) is a requirement for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PDS V (Top Secret/SCI)(2): are expected to be senior Program Design and Support Specialist withsignificant
- qualifications. The PDS V candidate will possess skills exemplifying significant attention to detail,
- the ability to operate in a dynamic environment, expert policy analysis, inter-agency coordination,
- as well as the highest level of skills in the following: interpersonal skills and ability to
- communicate orally and in writing, problem solving and significant organizational leadership
- skills. PDS V will be able to lead and train other PDS in the operation of the program office. PDS
- at this level will require little day-to-day direction to successfully complete current year grant and
- programming projects, will generally obtain approval from supervisor at project completion with
- minor revisions and will seek guidance from supervisors for assistance in resolving challenging
- issues. This position will require or should be able to obtain a Top-Secret clearance in order to
- participate in meetings where the subject matter requires a TS. Education: Masters and 4 years’
- experience or 9-10 years of relevant work experience. One PDS V position will require a clearance
- level of Top Secret based on the country portfolio(s) the contractor will be assigned to which
- necessitates access to TS level meetings and information periodically.PDS IV contractors at this level will require little day-to-day direction to successfully complete projects assigned, will generally obtain approval from supervisor at project completion with minor revisions and will seek guidance from supervisors for assistance in resolving challenging issues.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required.
|Job Category||Program Design|