Description: The Maasai Group is actively seeking a Program Assistant to support the Policy and Planning Unit (PPU) in the Office of Policy, Planning, and Resources (R/PPR).
Place of Performance: Washington D.C, (Telework Subject to Approval)
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Active Top Secret (TS) level Clearance
- Exceptional communication skills, with fluency in modern technology collaboration tools including G Suite, Slack, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to approach problems analytically and holistically, considering the individual problem and the impact on the larger system.
- Adaptability to work flexibly and efficiently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated curiosity in continued learning and growth on the job.
- Openness to critique (including from other disciplines), curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives, and experience or strong interest in collaborating closely with others.
- Strong ability to focus on and understand the needs of clients, as well as build and maintain strong working relationships)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces with minimal supervision routine correspondence, reports, and other documents, including coordinating the drafting process with R, R/PPR and other PD stakeholders throughout the Department of State, including within the regional and functional bureaus.
- Prepares materials for use by the PPU at meetings and conferences; designs and prepares creative visual presentations using PowerPoint, Google Slides, Photoshop, and other applications.
- Prepares background material and reports for meetings with stakeholders.
- Provides program and project management support including:
- Developing systems and processes to support the projects.
- Organizing, coordinating, and staffing regular meetings for the projects.
- Drafting cables and record emails to inform posts about the projects.
- Drafting talking points, memoranda, and documents.
- Taking accurate minutes of meetings.
- Tracking implementation of office projects.
- Responding to basic inquiries about the projects.
Supporting R/PPR staff on related and additional tasks as needed.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required