PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Manassas VA, (On-Site)
SCOPE: Maasai is seeking a Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and error-free processing of payroll for assigned LLCs. Additionally, this person is responsible for administering all PTO/Floating Holiday/Military Leave accruals, all salary changes after initial onboarding, all journal entries regarding the payroll side and internal audits of overall payroll to mitigate errors.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/Associates Degree/Technical Certification (Business Administration) and 1 to 3 years of accounting work experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional certification) OR willingness to take FPC Exam and achieve certification within 2 years Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- This position requires a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel), and payroll processing software.
- The Payroll Specialist role requires someone who demonstrates excellent attention to detail,
- Strong organizational skills,
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks on short deadlines, robust working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel),
- Discretion handling confidential information, internal auditing skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to perform complex calculations, ability to perform all accounting functions from basic journal entries to complex financial reporting,
- Solid understanding of all federal/state tax laws and withholdings.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to proactively follow-up on multiple tasks. Good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Daily duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing semi-monthly payroll for 75+ employees for assigned LLC
- Processing all PTO Leave accruals for assigned LLC and calculating
- Entering Garnishments into Payroll System for assigned LLC
- Enter all new hires and terms into Master files prior to payroll
- Entering all salary changes for assigned LLC into payroll system
- Researching payroll issues as requested by corporate team
- Serving as a backup specialist to Senior Payroll
- Handling all employee inquiries regarding PTO, payroll, benefit premiums, 401k, ; receiving forwarded inquiries from HR, researching, and responding directly to the HR team and employee if needed.
- Managing tax and unemployment accounts for state and local agencies
- Process Expense Reimbursements for all companies
Periodic duties include but are not limited to:
- Weekly auditing of all onboarding initiated by HR to identify any missing data or errors, PTO accruals and any potential red flags regarding excessive negative accruals, 401k uploads for new hires, and any wage garnishments
- Ongoing tracking of sign on and relocation bonuses for assigned LLC until employees have met requirements to keep funds
- Monthly auditing of all new hire benefit information to ensure accuracy of deductions or deferrals on appropriate check dates
- Monthly auditing of all benefit invoices to employee premium deductions
- Notify Payroll Team, HR Manager and Controller of updates, findings, and amounts to be
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
|Job Category||Accounting, Administrative|