Office Support I OBO-20
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC, (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: DDTC is responsible for the regulation of defense trade through the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and its implementing regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). DDTC regulates temporary and permanent exports and the temporary import of defense articles, defense services, and technical data involving items on the United States Munitions List (USML). DDTC regulates the brokering of defense articles, defense services, and technical data. DDTC maintains the registration of manufacturers, exporters and brokers and issues export authorizations. DDTC administers the commodity jurisdiction process, a formal USG decision process to determine which specific items are controlled by the USML or by the Department of Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations. DDTC ensures compliance with the ITAR and AECA through its support of criminal enforcement actions undertaken by the Department of Justice, civil enforcement actions initiated in-house, disclosure program through which companies are encouraged to report violations they have discovered, and pre- and post-license checks to confirm that goods are being shipped as authorized by the export license.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of post- high school education and experience with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
- State Department experience preferred.
- The incumbent must have a minimum Secret security clearance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors the front desk and or reception area.
- Handles all aspects of receiving and processing incoming mail and correspondence.
- Answers the central telephone line and direct calls as required.
- Responsible for collecting, organizing, and distributing correspondence received outside of standard mail delivery.
- Implements establish check-in procedures for visitors, including storage of mobile devices.
- Notifies DDTC personnel of the arrival of their visitors.
- Creates and maintains office files, and facilitates records retirement and retrieval.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties.
- Tabulates and posts data in information systems or record books.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Perform workspace and general/common area cleanup.
- Maintain mail log based on established procedures.
- Maintain open storage facility for classified material up to the Secret-level.
- Working knowledge of DDTC’s internal software applications and basic knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Assign case numbers for incoming requests for General Correspondence (GC), Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ), Brokering Licenses and Advisory Opinions (BA), DSP-85 Classified Transactions and one-time exceptions.
- Enter cases into DDTC’s databases with basic information.
- Assign cases to appropriate offices and distribute cases.
- Efficient user of Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Able to operate all office equipment including but not limited to: telephones, copy machines, fax machines, printers, and computers.
- Performs other administrative/escort duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules.
Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
• Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
THE MAASAI GROUP, LLC. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
• Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required