Management Analyst II TO-035
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC, (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Global Public Affairs, Office of the Executive Director GPA/EX/GSO staff requires the services of a Management Analyst II to provide direct support to the Bureau Executive Office. The responsibilities of these positions require the establishment of a highly professional and supportive relationship within the GPA Bureau’s Executive Office and the Management Analysts will be able to provide both administrative and subject matter expert to the office. Relying on a thorough knowledge of the Bureau’s management’s aims, objectives, and goals.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- US Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- This position requires a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Discretion handling confidential information, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, coordinates, establish replacement schedules and priorities. Assist with procurement and supply operations with direct oversight provided by Government Task Manager (GTM.)
- Assist Purchase Card Holder with receiving and reviewing requests for supplies, equipment, furniture, and office services.
- Works closely with the financial advisor to plan an effective, economical program for regular purchases and for the replacement of furniture and equipment.
- Assist with identifying various types of equipment and furnishings available.
- Receives and processes requests for maintenance, repairs, and/or alterations which involve expenditure of funds with direct oversight/supervision provided by Government Task Manager.
- Coordinates the maintenance, repairs, or alterations which involve physical security, disposal and cleaning of equipment, property, and space and expenditures of funds.
- Coordinates and arranges for all telephone-related services, as well as other communications and data-fax services.
- Arranges for special reproduction services, visual aids, charts, picture framing, graphics, printing, and all award certificates, including length-of-service and performance awards.
- Under direct guidance of the Government Task Manager, assist with initiating orders for publications for use by Bureau offices and retains up-to-date records of all such publications for future renewals.
- Assist with property management program for non-expendable property, reconciles discrepancies, processes disposal actions, conducts inventories, and prepares the annual inventory report.
- Analyzes office requirements based on the size, type of operation and plans for future expansion and provides input to GPA Executive Office.
- Assist Government Task Manager with presenting plans and/or alternatives for the most efficient utilization of space within existing constraints and criteria. Assists in drawing floor plans to accommodate office requirements; assist with developing proposals and justifications for space; assist with obtaining estimates for renovations; works with officials to determine appropriate office furnishings; and ensures that contractors fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with specific requirements.
- Conducts special projects and assignments, often of a highly complex and urgent nature, as required under direct supervision of the GPA Executive Office.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.