PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC, (Hybrid work environment 2+days per week)
SCOPE: DDTC is responsible for the regulation of defense trade through the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and its implementing regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). DDTC regulates temporary and permanent exports and the temporary import of defense articles, defense services, and technical data involving items on the United States Munitions List (USML). DDTC regulates the brokering of defense articles, defense services, and technical data. DDTC maintains the registration of manufacturers, exporters and brokers and issues export authorizations. DDTC administers the commodity jurisdiction process, a formal USG decision process to determine which specific items are controlled by the USML or by the Department of Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations. DDTC ensures compliance with the ITAR and AECA through its support of criminal enforcement actions undertaken by the Department of Justice, civil enforcement actions initiated in-house, disclosure program through which companies are encouraged to report violations they have discovered, and pre- and post-license checks to confirm that goods are being shipped as authorized by the export license.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field. OR, three or more years of technical or staff level experience assisting in planning and carrying out various management improvement studies in a least one of the previously listed areas.
- State Department experience preferred.
- Secret security clearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the preparation of Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Performs the duties of a Management Analyst II to include the following duties:
- Designs, plans, and coordinates or conducts analytical management studies of program policies, organizational structures and budgetary, operational, or other administrative systems and provides consultation on legislative or administrative issues, program planning, fiscal, and/or human resource management.
- Provides management support for decision making, recommends policy, and promotes administrative improvements.
- Prepares, tracks, monitors, and analyzes statistics.
- Coordinates cost allocations and implements reallocations as necessary.
- Prepares budgetary aspects of Emergency Board requests and assists as needed in presentation of requests.
- Researches and completes special budget reports and projects as assigned. this position requires three years of specialized experience performing management improvement studies in such areas as a) organizational analysis, b) systems and procedures analysis, c) records management analysis, d) space utilization studies, e) work measurement or work simplification studies, f) cost benefit analysis, g) budget analysis, or h) other related efficiency and/or effective research studies.
- Ensures follow-up on implementation of recommendations. communicates budget, program, and/or administrative policies and procedures and provides training as necessary.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, and Project.
- IT Documentation Support to include: interview information systems personnel, read journals and other material to become familiar with technologies and production methods.
- Analyze developments in current programs and databases to determine needs for revisions in previous published materials and development of new material.
- Analyzes and implements budget for assigned agency.
- Maintain project timelines.
- Read, research, document, and advise on information systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Passes and receives clearances and prepares access lists.
- Manages all logistics in coordinating and running various plenaries, conferences, and seminars.
- Drafts, proofreads, edits and gives final review of all correspondences.
- Performs Webmaster services to oversee website changes.
- Perform SQL queries and maintain access databases
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules.
Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
• Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
THE MAASAI GROUP, LLC. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
• Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required