PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC, (Hybrid Work Schedule 2+days/wk)
SCOPE: DDTC is responsible for the regulation of defense trade through the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and its implementing regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). DDTC regulates temporary and permanent exports and the temporary import of defense articles, defense services, and technical data involving items on the United States Munitions List (USML). DDTC regulates the brokering of defense articles, defense services, and technical data. DDTC maintains the registration of manufacturers, exporters and brokers and issues export authorizations. DDTC administers the commodity jurisdiction process, a formal USG decision process to determine which specific items are controlled by the USML or by the Department of Commerce’s Export Administration Regulations. DDTC ensures compliance with the ITAR and AECA through its support of criminal enforcement actions undertaken by the Department of Justice, civil enforcement actions initiated in-house, disclosure program through which companies are encouraged to report violations they have discovered, and pre- and post-license checks to confirm that goods are being shipped as authorized by the export license.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of post- high school education and experience with a minimum of five () years of relevant experience.
- State Department experience preferred.
- Must have a minimum Secret security clearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts or directs analysis of legislation, judicial activities, policy, and administrative issues affecting assigned office or areas of technical specialization.
- Meets with management to establish priorities for projects in key areas.
- Determines priorities for evaluation and conducts or coordinates the evaluation of existing or proposed administrative activities for effectiveness, efficiency, and conformity to established or agreed upon guidelines.
- Determines quality of existing policies, services, and resource allocations and considers benefits of alternative systems.
- Assists in development of recommendations and alternatives and financial program and/or operational impact statements.
- Assists in recommendations funding priorities for broad program areas
- Documents, presents, and justifies program recommendations.
- Drafts or reviews and comments on legislative proposals or administrative rules.
- Reviews department goals and objectives, planning and program activities to improve policy coordination with other departments.
- Analyzes budget for assigned agency.
- Develops biennial budget requests, including decision packages.
- Analyzes current budget and programs for problems or adjustments which impact budget projections. • Provides consultation to program staff during budget development process.
- Analyzes budget requests considering available resources and recommends funding priorities for department programs, documents and justifies budget recommendations.
- Assures compliance during all phases of budget cycle.
- Coordinates cost allocations.
- Evaluates budgetary impact of staffing/organizational changes or other administrative activities, and the relationship of programs and appropriations, and recommends actions to promote effective, efficient program service delivery.
- Analyzes budgetary impact of collective bargaining proposals, staffing/organizational changes, or other administrative activities.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, and Project.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Able to operate all office equipment including but not limited to: telephones, copy machines, fax machines, printers, scanners, and computers.
- IT Documentation Support to include reading journals and other material to become familiar with technologies and production methods.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Edit or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Update software development change requests and problem reports.
- Perform data validation testing for information systems.
- Perform functional testing for internal and external databases.
- Track, record, and report performance progression.
- May be required to travel within CONUS and/or OCONUS.
- Collaborate with IT personnel on prospective software and hardware.
- Two or more years of technical or staff level experience assisting in planning and carrying out various management improvement developments in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field.
- Performs other administrative/escort duties as assigned.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
THE MAASAI GROUP, LLC. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
• Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required