PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Rosslyn, VA (Primary Site)
SCOPE: The Intermediate Systems Administrator is responsible for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support, customer infrastructure support, and conducts project-level tasks as directed by Senior Systems Administrator. This position is responsible for maintaining security, communications security (COMSEC), and patching solutions, supporting the Cloud and OpenNet/ClassNet environments and supporting developers and other NOMB IT staff to complete their projects and assignments.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must possess a DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Must have a computer science or related IT field and seven years of experience in support of Linux/Windows/Unix operating systems for classified and unclassified networks
- Install and Configure Linux Systems and Servers for organizational-wide deployment
- Install and setup Linux Architecture including back-end databases and scripts for specific applications and use cases
- Perform System Maintenance, resolve server-side issues as they arise, review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions.
- Work directly with the system’s source code to make necessary changes to ensure reliable performance and then deploy those changes throughout the system
- Create Linux System Backups according to industry standards. Backups may be performed weekly, daily, or more frequently depending on system space and business needs
- Monitor System Performance, maintain Linux systems and servers, monitor system performance to prevent slowdowns and crashes. Examine daily traffic logs and reports or receive direct reports from end users. Take action to avoid potential issues or recurring problems within the system
- Provide Technical Support and Guidance to users and other administrators. Works closely with developers to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server-side performance. Support users by assisting with installation and maintenance of Linux-based programs and help debug these applications so that they work with existing servers.
- Maintain System Security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture. This part of the job requires an Administrator with extensive knowledge of viruses and other sources of system vulnerability, and requires they proactively develop protections, particularly when deploying system-wide changes that can open up new vulnerabilities.
- Possess in-depth knowledge in desktop and server software applications.
- Experience executing project plans to support maintenance, new infrastructure, and supports custom software implementations by providing guidance on security policies, group policies, and server and workstation settings.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (preferred) or AWS cloud environments.
- Proficient in the installation, monitoring network connectivity using GEM-X software 4.1v10 application.
- Experience working with SCOM/SCCM/VCenter/System Center is a requirement.
- Professional certification: Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer desired. Linux Foundation Certified Engineer desired.
OTHER SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide system administration for unclassified, classified and SCI networks to include backup and recovery operations and Tier 3 service desk technical support.
- Provide configuration, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of Windows servers configured within an Active Directory environment.
- Create detailed technical SOP’s, spreadsheets, and provides input for project plans.
- Provide creation, maintenance and deletion of user accounts, groups and rights within Microsoft Active Directory.
- Manage Microsoft Group Policy within a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Manages DNS, DHCP, WINS, VPN, IIS and FTP services within a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, upgrading and licensing of various in-house engineering, scientific and business applications.
- Provide security and system patching of Microsoft Servers and workstations.
- Provide configuration and troubleshooting of Windows print servers and queues.
- Provide deployment of building-wide and area-specific workstation software installation, configuration and updates utilizing latest deployment tools.
- Provide support to include the creation of images, deployment of infrastructure (domain controllers, servers, cloud software support, CSR set up with assistance from network team).
- Support Type 1 encryption device and Secure Telephone (vIPER).Provide configuration, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of network infrastructure to include advanced routers and firewalls.
- Maintain and update CARDS along with being proficient with KeyHold.
- Maintain, install, and troubleshoot workstations and printers.
- Perform daily backups of vital and critical data.
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot point to point circuits.
- Provide support of a stand-a-lone SAP desktop workstation and printer.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in an appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. The ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required
|Job Category||Information Technology|