PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework subject to approval).
SCOPE: The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Innovation (ECA/P/MELI) has been at the forefront of the Department of State’s M&E efforts since its creation in 1999. MELI works closely with program officers and senior leadership to identify programs to be evaluated based on administration, Bureau, and program office priorities, helping to ensure effectiveness of ECA programs and accountability to Congress and the American taxpayer.
- U.S. Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience working in an office setting with responsibility for managing multiple tasks and projects. Experience working or interning in a U.S. federal agency a plus.
- Experience or interest in monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Experience with standard federal office system, processes, and guidelines.
- Familiarity with standard software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and an ability to learn and work with other software and database applications, as needed.
- Experience and/or strong working knowledge of travel, message delivery, electronic records management, and other information management data and/or database systems
- Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical, creative thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, and, occasionally, very fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support ECA/P/MELI personnel and office by maintaining and coordinating calendars, sending out meeting invitations for Evaluation Seminars and Community of Practice meetings, coordinating and requesting meetings, tracking and responding to external event invitations, preparations for meetings, arranging travel, and processing expense vouchers.
- Prepare written materials to include, but not be limited to facilitating agendas and follow-up from meetings, processing meeting notes, processing information requests, and creating and maintaining to-do lists/trackers and standard operating procedure manuals.
- Support the Chief of Evaluation through the editing of position descriptions, assisting in the new employee onboarding process, tracking performance reviews, participating on committees, maintaining databases, reporting time and attendance, check-ins with virtual interns, and maintaining leave information.
- Support information technology and records management by maintaining document tracking/file organization systems (SharePoint and Teams), updating Diplopedia and the MELI websites, inputting indicator data into the SAMS-D RPM system, shepherding the Authorization to Operate (ATO) process, using travel systems, using an electronic message delivery system, maintaining biographic data, maintaining files, and supporting other electronic record systems as needed; and
- Managing the office to assist in submitting work orders, managing access to software, tracking office equipment maintenance, and requesting supplies.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.