PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework at customer’s discretion).
SCOPE: Perform a wide variety of duties necessary to assist planning and implementing priority programs in coordination with regional bureaus, other bureau offices, program agencies, and posts. Perform relevant administrative planning and implementation for task/project completion and provide support for major organizational analysis, design and implementation projects. Maintain a close and highly responsive relationship with the office’s day-to-day activities. Confirm and prioritize project plans and deliverables as agreed upon between the staff contractor and Bureau COR and Office/Division supervisor (or Office Director or Deputy Director). Provide data analysis, record keeping, research and other duties as may be required.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Ability to interact with all nationalities in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Ability to learn and work with database applications.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge of global internet access and research capabilities.
- Demonstrated skills in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Strong ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Exposure to U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
To apply, please visit https://themaasaigroup.com/careers/