PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Arlington, VA (Telework subject to approval).
SCOPE: The U.S. Department of State (DoS), Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (CGFS) requires a qualified contractor in the Information Systems Security Division to provide Information Systems Security services in support of the Department’s ISSO support services, Domain Networks, and additional financial applications.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience.
- ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; sufficient to draft action and info memos, congressional testimony, press guidance and congressional and general correspondence.
- Familiarity in developing project and program plans, goals, objectives, and milestones involving complex programs, systems, or issues of critical importance to the entire organization.
- Knowledge in assessing project progress, conducting briefings, and preparing comprehensive reports with solutions and recommendations for top-level managers and executives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The contractor shall perform the following tasks:
- ISO9001- The contractor will be responsible for developing and maintaining key documentation for ISSO related processes and work instructions for inclusion into the GFS ISO9001 knowledge base.
- Providing End User Support – The contractor will accept customer support request for ISSO service(s), evaluate solutions/support responses then communicate to the user a solution or provide information as to what they should expect as support from the CGFS ISSO within a 24-hour period.
- Incident Handling – The contractor will accept, and conduct incident investigation tasking as described by the CGFS ISSO’s. The contractor is responsible for reporting both findings and recommendations to the CGFS ISSO as quickly as possible.
- Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Support for CGFS Washington, DC systems – The contractor will accept tasks from the ISSO to provide research and support the System Authorization of CGFS Washinton, DC systems.
- Technical Writing – The contractor will assist the ISSO with the creation and maintenance of department material and complete writing assignments according to Department of State standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- IT Security Policy Development – The contractor will be responsible for participating in IT security planning and the development of IT Security Policy as directed by the ISSO. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and presentation of ideas to the ISSO for review and consideration.
- PKI – The contractor will be responsible for providing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) support for end users with regard to access management, training, and providing appropriate security briefings.
- Access Management – The contractor will be responsible for providing support for the CGFS ISSO as needed for unclassified, classified networks, peripheral devices, and systems.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.