SCOPE: The MAASAI Group, LLC. is seeking multiple Human Resources Specialists to support the Federal Government.
- Three years minimum experience is required.
- The selected employees must attend a multi-day training located in Washington, D.C.
- Demonstrated experience working within the USA Staffing Platform (automated staffing and recruitment system) to build vacancy announcements, review applications to determine eligibility and qualifications of applicants, and prepare certificate of eligibles
- Must have experience with federal civilian staffing, recruitment and position classification.
Training and Certification from the Office of Personnel Management – Delegated Examining.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing vacancy package requests, build vacancy announcements, review and determine qualification and eligibility requirements of applicants and apply veteran’s preference.
- administering recruitment programs for assigned tasks including merit promotion, delegated examining and recruitment under special hiring authorities.
- performing and coordinating job analyses for establishing and validating rating, ranking and selection criteria.
- analyzing and classifying General Schedule and Wage Grade positions.
- performing position classification and position management requests.
- reviewing position descriptions and writing evaluation statements defending classification findings and make determinations on grade levels, occupational series, and titles, etc.
- making FLSA determinations on positions to be classified;
- consulting with and advising the requesting office on issues/concerns with position descriptions.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language professionally.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required.
|Job Category||Human Resources|