PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Manassas, Virginia
Enhances executive’s effectiveness by providing information management, support and representing the executive to others.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Active Secret Clearance
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Executive Assistant.
- Government contracting experience desired
- Contributes to team effort by assisting with maintaining SOP’s and experience with SharePoint is highly desired.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- As needed, represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence; speaking for the executive.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Organizing and event planning.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides a historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational webinars; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; Provide support to additional executives as needed.
- Writing skills, reporting skills, supply management, scheduling, Microsoft Office skills, SharePoint knowledge, event planning, organization, time management, presentation skills, equipment maintenance, travel logistics, verbal & written communication skills, self-motivated, and problem solving.
These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
OTHER TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ NOT LIMITED TO:
- Government contracting experience is a plus.
- Must have experience in office procedures, use of office equipment and trouble shooting.
- Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; strategic thinking and customer service oriented.
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is preferable. Knowledge of 365, Adobe Sign and SharePoint.
- Must have superior organizational skills, detailed and accuracy. Willing to work long hours, ability to solve problems and follow up and follow through with tasks are necessary.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.