PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC 20520 (Telework subject to approval).
SCOPE: The contractor will provide services independently to support the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Budget and Planning working directly with the Chief of Staff. The incumbent must be proficient with all of the functions of a Department of State’s Front Office operations and all office applications and programs to include Windows 10.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative/office management experience supporting the Director level.
- ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance
- High School Diploma or GED (BA/BS preferred);
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and oral)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains contacts with the executive assistants/management support personnel throughout the Department:
- Assists the Chief of Staff in coordinating and scheduling meetings for the Director and other Front Office principals as needed.
- Helps maintain the calendar of the Director and other Front Office principals as needed.
- Proactively searches for upcoming calendar/meeting conflicts and resolves conflicts.
- Ensures that materials/documents are prepared and disseminated or obtained in advance of any scheduled meetings.
- Helps develop and review internal operating procedures to ensure that paper is routed and cleared for external stakeholders in a timely and accountable manner.
- Provides executive assistant support to the Director and Chief of Staff as required.
- Prepares Action Memos for approval and signature.
- Keeps the Chief of Staff advised of developments and progress of pending issues.
- Performs special assignments for the Chief of Staff involving analysis, compilations, and summarization, as needed.
- Schedules interviews with prospective department employees and assists with onboarding new employees.
- Assists the Chief of Staff in planning and coordinating bureau projects and/or processes.
- Compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities, performing a variety of clerical duties.
- Copies data and compiles/organizes records and reports.
- Files documents.
- Prepares agendas for reoccurring meetings.
- Schedule’s meetings/conference calls, coordinates conference room schedules, sets up video conferencing or conference calls when needed
- Operates office machines, such as PCs, calculator, photocopy machines, scanning equipment, and fax machines.
- Takes minutes at meetings and/or briefings.
- Other duties within the scope of the resulting Task Order as assigned by the COR.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.