Place of Performance: Arlington, VA (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The Maasai Group, LLC is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to support the Deputy Comptroller for the Department of State and the Managing Director and Deputy Director of the Global Financial Management Systems Directorate in the Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (CGFS).
- A minimum of (5) years of administrative/office management experience supporting the Director level.
- ACTIVE SECRET Security Clearance
- High School Diploma or GED (BA/BS preferred);
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and oral)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a travel arranger for the Comptroller, the Deputy Comptroller, and the Global Financial Management Systems Directorate
- Prepare travel itineraries
- Make travel reservations – airline, hotel, car rental
- Prepare Travel Authorizations and Travel Vouchers in the E2 Solutions system
- Prepare VISA applications and memoranda
- Prepare Diplomatic Passport applications and memoranda
- Prepare eCountry Clearance cables for Government staff and contractors who will be traveling internationally
- Monitor and report on contractor sign-in and sign-out sheets and compare to invoices received
- Serve as the backup timekeeper for the Government staff in the GFMS Directorate
- Prepare and maintain work orders
- Prepare and maintain Individual Development Plans for Government Staff
- Receive and maintain Taskers
- Prepare training request applications and forms
- Schedule meetings/conference calls, coordinate conference room schedules, set up video conferencing or conference calls when needed
- Order office supplies, office paper, toner
- Ensure that all office equipment is working correctly and schedule service calls when required
- Prepare and finalize memoranda and other office correspondence
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Receive and distribute mail and FedEX deliveries
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required.