The Maasai Group is a federal contractor based in the Northern Virginia area. We are looking for a Recruiter (W2) to help scale our growing company. Responsibilities include sourcing, screening, and serving as a recruiter for our team. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to reduce our time-to-hire and build a strong talent pipeline – helping to hire and retain skilled employees for our current and future positions.
- Day-to-day delivery of recruitment practices and processes
- Responsible for screening and selection to negotiation, ensuring an outstanding candidate experience
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Screen candidates for technical ability as well as scheduling and coordinating interviews
- Utilize effective recruitment methods through Job Boards, Social Media, and Networking
- Develop extensive technical knowledge in selected technologies to conduct primary screening
- Have a creative approach to recruitment and ways to attract top quality technical talent with the ability to present new recruiting concepts to stakeholders
- Sense of urgency with the ability to respond and follow through in a timely and efficient manner
- Must have command over various search tools & technologies
- Must have exceptional communication, written, and interpersonal skills and an outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a quick and willing learner who should be able to work under pressure
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates
- Sourcing and attracting candidates by using databases, recruiting platforms, social media, etc.
- Conduct interviews using various selection tools/methods to filter candidates
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes
- Monitor turnover, retention, and time-to-fill
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the customer/client
- 5+ years of experience as a recruiter, specifically in a government contracting environment, having successfully recruited candidates with various clearance levels and with highly technical backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to pass a background check
- Understands various levels of security clearances and their requirements
- Experience working multiple positions at once; able to prioritize open requisitions, establishing an organized and consistent recruiting plan
- Template, format, and tailor candidates’ resumes to appeal to the customer’s expectations and requirements
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.