Place of Performance: Arlington, VA (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The Business Process Analyst shall gather, document, and validate IT requirements. Working with the staff, the Analyst shall document functional and non-functional requirements and business case. The Analyst will serve as the as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Business Processes. The Business Analyst will keep a record of requirements and provide detailed functional guidance to the technical team.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years’ experience developing SmartSimple GMS360° business.
- Prior federal government experience with at least five years in the DoD strongly preferred.
- At least 7 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, on large and complex projects is required. Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering.
- requirements, developing customized reports and configuring workflows
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze business processes and workflows.
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups.
- Strong business/client engagement skills.
- High level of competence with MS Office and MS Visio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make configuration changes, customize portals, develop new work flows and configuring new capabilities to support business processes in SmartSimple
- Develop SmartSimple requirements and develop custom reports
- Collect and document functional and non-functional requirements from OLDCC stakeholders and coordinates project development with the technical team.
- Maintain architecture artifacts, business process diagrams and process documentation, manage, and recommend improvements to the requirement collection process.
- Ensure process integration with the IT and OLDCC project processes.
- Work with OLDCC staff to document and validate business case for IT requirements.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis for agency IT requirements.
- Work with the OLDCC system engineers and CIO to ensure requirement packages are complete and designed to be implemented in SmartSimple.
- Present packages to the Enterprise Change Control Board.
- Coordinate and communicate with the OLDCC CIO to ensure visibility on current and upcoming IT requirements and requirement/business case analyst work products.
- Work with DISDI to develop OLDCC requirements for application data layers, assist DISDI development team to streamline User Interface
- Provide analytical support to CIO and Senior Leadership
- Develop grant and project reports to support business analytics for OLDCC leadership, program managers, office manager and budget officer.
- Define and track performance metrics (i.e., Benchmarking)
- Perform as Executive Secretary to the Enterprise Change Control Board (ECCB), including requirements development, agenda design, and tracking of ECCB items in between meetings.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel may be required.