PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework at customer’s discretion).
SCOPE: Provides financial management information regarding availability of funds, status of obligations and/or expenditures. Responsible for cyclical budget formulation by preparing detailed analysis and estimates of annual funding requirements for one or more future budget years. Develops the recommended budget into a format consistent with existing legislative and regulatory guidance. Collaborate with program officials to monitor, check and control the use of funds to assure obligations incurred and resulting expenditures are in accordance with existing DoS laws and related Federal regulations. Maintains integrated systems of financial services for accounting, budgeting, and financial management reporting. Apply the principles, concepts, legislative framework and financial administration practices and procedures to budgetary process. Tracks invoices from receipt to payment. Follows/interprets Financial Policies, Regulations, FAMs and FARs. Research complex financial issues, such as i.e. travel, invoices, etc. Learn the Department’s Financial Systems; Global Financial Management System (GFMS) and Data Warehouse (DW). Prepares monthly financial reports for the Budget Officer and for Bureau offices. Creates and edit complex financial spreadsheets detailing financial information and analyze set spreadsheets for specific trends. Maintains spreadsheets for multiple financial projects and bureau offices. Communicates orally and in writing in an acceptable manner. Gains a functional understanding of and maintains ISO 9001 standards. Performs other duties as assigned.
Budget Analyst I, II, & III
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Management Science, Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in conducting studies that cover an enterprise level of operations involving multiple organizational levels and multiple processes or functions.
- Superior oral and written communication and customer service skills are required.
- Strong analytical and research skills are required to take complex financial data and compile results, prepare documentation that supports a recommended course of action and prepare supporting material, such as flow charts, graphs, tables or spreadsheets to management are required.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision and make logical decisions with complex financial data.
- Conducts independent reviews and analysis of budget related programs and studies. Provides detailed analysis to senior budget officials in the form of written reports and oral presentations.
- Ability to work as part of a senior budget analyst team, independently completing small to medium sized complex analytic projects with minimal guidance.
SCOPE: As stated for Level I position, but also includes:
Budget Analyst II
- Experience: At least six (6) years’ experience in conducting studies that cover an enterprise level of operations involving multiple organizational levels and multiple processes or functions of which at least three years’ experience in supporting DoS operations is required.
SCOPE: As stated for Level II position, but also includes:
Budget Analyst III
- Provides senior-level support to the bureau budget director and their team. Supports budget request preparation process and drafts documentation in response to congressional or Office of the Inspector General (OIG) inquiries related to budgetary matters.
- Experience: At least ten (10) years’ experience in conducting studies that cover an enterprise level of operations involving multiple organizational levels and multiple processes or functions of which at least five (5) years’ experience in supporting DoS operations is required
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
To apply, please visit https://themaasaigroup.com/careers/
|Job Category||Business Development|