PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, DC (Telework at customer’s discretion).
SCOPE: Perform a wide range of financial data audits and audit-related services, including verifications, as well as provide analytical services based on knowledge of Federal financial and accounting policies, standards, and systems requirements and other duties as assigned. Prepare results reporting to inform program offices of fiscal status and solvency, and programmatic and regulatory compliance. Confirm and prioritize project plans and deliverables as agreed upon between the staff contractor and Bureau COR and Office/Division supervisor (or Office Director or Deputy Director).
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing organizational programs and operations to determine the level of efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with pertinent laws, regulations, and policies by conducting management and technical interviews and analyzing detailed functions of the program operations in areas such program administration and management, program monitoring and oversight, and data governance and data integrity.
- Experience in designing and conducting financial statement reviews and audits, which demonstrate they have met generally accepted quality standards, sufficiently documented determinations and processes, and supported finding with pertinent evidence.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing audit approaches to evaluate a variety of programs, operations, and accounting systems, and preparing reports providing information about program operations and identifying areas of, and causes for, deficiencies, problems or noncompliance.
- Demonstrated experience in making decisions and recommendations, and providing advisories, to senior level managers which have a significant impact on the data collection, compilation, analysis, and presentation aspects of the operations at the office-level, bureau-level and/or organization/institution-level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theory, concepts and practices of accounting and auditing, and the skills and abilities to apply this knowledge to broad work assignments and successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Experience in developing and implementing standard operating procedures (internal controls) for accounting and/or auditing planning, implementation and management.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze financial, accounting, and audit data and information.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present financial, accounting and audit data and trends to Bureau senior management and staff.
- Excellent ability to learn and work with financial or auditing software and Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Excellent, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations is preferred.
- Significant familiarity or direct experience in working for the Department or diplomatic programs.
- Foreign language skills are preferred but not required.
- A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or, a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through a written examination, is required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: These positions may require handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs the ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local travel and possibly CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
To apply, please visit https://themaasaigroup.com/careers/
|Job Category||Business Development|