Administrative Assistant TO-014
Place of Performance: Arlington, VA. (Telework Subject to Approval)
SCOPE: The MAASAI Group LLC is looking for an Administrate Assistant to provide services independently to support the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Management Services, Office of the Executive Director (CGFS/EX). The incumbent must be proficient with all the functions of a Department of State’s Bureau Executive Offices operations and all office applications and programs to include Windows 10 and e2-Travel.
All TMG employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Active Secret Clearance
- Possesses 5-7 years of administrative/office management experience supporting the Manager/Director level.
- High School Diploma or GED (BA/BS Degree preferred).
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and MS Project Experience.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and oral).
- ISO 9001:2015 trained (preferred).
- Knowledge of the Knowledge Base (KB) system
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains contacts with the executive assistants/management support personnel throughout the Department:
- Coordinates and schedule meetings for the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
- Maintains the calendars of the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
- Proactively searches for upcoming calendar/meeting conflicts and resolve conflicts.
- Ensures that materials/documents are disseminated or obtained in advance of any scheduled meetings.
- Reviews and establishes internal operating procedures to ensure acceptable internal/management controls for:
- Time keeping procedures.
- Invoice review and reconciliation.
- Staffing coverage during holiday periods.
- Serve as primary travel arranger for the Executive Office:
- Prepare travel itineraries.
- Make travel reservations – airline, hotel, car rental.
- Prepare Travel Authorizations and Travel Vouchers in E2 Solutions system.
- Prepare Passport/Visa applications and memoranda.
- Prepares eCountry Clearance cables for Government staff and contractors who will be traveling internationally.
- Provides executive assistant support to the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director as required.
- Prepares Action Memos for approval and signature.
- Keeps Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director advised of developments and progress of pending issues.
- Performs special assignments for the Budget Officer and Management Analysts involving analysis, compilations, and summarization, as needed.
- Schedules interviews with prospective department employees and assists with onboarding new employees.
- Processes confidential information.
- Prepare and submit Time and Attendance reports for the Government staff via TATEL system.
- Reviews all important incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinates routing and control of subject matter before submitting to the Executive Director.
- Assists in planning and coordinating bureau projects and/or processes.
- Advises Executive Director on personnel actions.
- Compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities, performing a variety of clerical duties.
- Copies data and compiles/organizes records and reports.
- Files documents.
- Tabulates and posts data in records and report data bases.
- Prepare and maintain work orders.
- Prepare the Weekly Activity Report.
- Schedule meetings/conference calls, coordinate conference room schedules, set up video conferencing or conference calls when needed.
- Prepares and manages stationery and other supplies inventory.
- Operates office machines, such as PCs, calculator, photocopy machines, scanning equipment, and fax machines.
- Takes minutes at meetings and/or briefings.
- Orders office supplies, office paper, toner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the COR.
DECISION MAKING/JUDGEMENT: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, processes, plans, and schedules. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data. .
- Must be able to lift 5-20 pounds.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Local and Conus/Oconus travel may be required.